Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Beginning....

I was born in Calcutta (now Kolkata) but came to Mumbai within a month. My father had been promised a job in Mumbai which later turned out be a mistake the firm's administration. Anyways we still decided to stay in Mumbai because father would not want to go back to Kolkata as a failure. Fortunately a family gave us a 1 bedroom flat on rent. The house was in Jogeshwari. My mother was also searching for a job back then. Both were trying their best to make life simpler. Soon baba (Father) took up photography for a short term profession and after a couple of years he got a good job in an advertising company. My mother too got a good post in a bank.

I believe my parents got married at a very young age. My mother was only 25 when i was born and my father was 27. But their sense of responsibility towards the family they had begun was too strong for them to be called immature parents. My father, although, used to be quite frustrated due to the family tensions and all the anger would shower down on me at the end of the day.This physical rage continued for a long time. They had assigned a maid for me. Her name was Marjina. She was was my closest friend and a great guide. I don't know how she did it but all i know is she never let me feel that my parents don't have time for me ( the context being generally children with both working parents develop a negative approach towards them).

No comments: